Radical Teacher, founded in 1975, is a socialist, feminist, and anti-racist journal dedicated to the theory and practice of teaching. It serves the community of educators who are working for democratic process, peace, and justice. The magazine examines the root causes of inequality and promotes progressive social change.
Radical Teacher publishes articles on classroom practices and curriculum, as well as on educational issues related to gender and sexuality, disability, culture, globalization, privatization, race, class, and other similar topics.
We welcome inquiries and ideas for articles, issues, or conferences from people actively engaged in progressive education. Radical Teacher is a peer-reviewed journal. Articles accepted for Radical Teacher go through a rigorous reading by the cluster editors, managing editor and a group of readers connected to the disciplinary focus of the article.
Visit our submit page for details on how to prepare your article for submission. As with submissions to all magazines, we recommend that you review past copies of Radical Teacher to ensure that your work will be well suited for this audience of engaged educators. To subscribe to the journal, please see our subscribe section and complete the brief registration form.
For general inquiries please contact Managing Editor, Leonard Vogt.
- Pamela Annas, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States
- Sophie Bell, St. John’s University, United States
- Michael Bennett, Long Island University, Brooklyn
- Cathy Ray Borck, City University of New York (CUNY) Graduate Center, United States
- Jacqueline Eileen Brady, Kingsborough Community College (CUNY), United States
- Sarah Chinn, Hunter College, CUNY
- James Davis, Brooklyn College, CUNY
- Linda Dittmar, University of Massachusetts–Boston, United States
- Emily Drabinski, LIU Brooklyn
- Kate Drabinski
- Joseph Entin, Brooklyn College, CUNY
- Marilyn Frankenstein, University of Massachusetts
- Louis Kampf, MIT
- Christopher Kennedy
- Paul Lauter, Trinity College, United States
- Donald Lazere, United States
- Dr. Susan Gushee O’Malley, City University of New York, United States
- Wayne O’Neil, MIT, United States
- Dr. Sarah T. Roberts, FIMS, Western University, Canada
- Ellen Schrecker
- Saul Slapikoff, Tufts University, emeritus Radical Teacher Editorial Board
- Frances Maher, Wheaton College, United States
- Richard Ohmann, Wesleyan University, United States
- Erica Rand, United States
- Bob Rosen, William Paterson University, United States
- Martha Vicinus, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, United States
- Leonard Vogt, LaGuardia Community College (The City University of New York) Emeritus Professor of English
Radical Teacher is currently published by the University of Pittsburgh on behalf of the Center for Critical Education. Consider making a tax-deductible donation to help Radical Teacher meet its mission to support a community of educators dedicated to democratic process, peace and justice: Click Here.